Sacred Heart RC Primary School
The school is dedicated to the Roman Catholic education of Roman Catholic children as particularised in the School Prospectus.
The Governors will admit up to 30 pupils in each year group.
Accordingly, the allocation of places in the school is based on the following order of priorities:
- Looked After Baptised Roman Catholic child or a child who was previously looked after, but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children who have a brother or sister on the school roll at the time of admission.
children are siblings if:
- they are half or full brother or sister, living together in the same household;
- they are adoptive brother or sister, living together in the same household;
- their parents are married and parents and children live together in the same household.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children of any member of staff employed by the Board of Governors of the School at the time of application:
- where the member of staff has been employed at the School for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the School is made
- the member of staff was recruited to a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children of worshipping members of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Looked After non-baptised child or a child who was previously looked after, but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order.
- Brothers and sisters of non-baptised children on the school roll at the time of admission.
- Non-baptised children.
On occasions when the school is oversubscribed and a 'tie-breaker' is required, the agreed tiebreaker will be 'the nearest distance to the school in a straight line, from home front door to school main entrance'.
1 Application for school places must be completed on-line on the Local Authority Admissions website. Parents will have a maximum of three preferences. If you need further assistance with this please contact the Admissions Team at PCC on 01733 864007
2 If your child is a baptised Roman Catholic and you are applying under criteria 1, 2, 3 or 4, you must take the original baptismal certificate to Sacred Heart RC Primary School so the application can be considered in that criteria. If you need further assistance with this please contact the Admissions Team at PCC on 01733 864007 to be amended accordingly.
3. The school will hold a waiting list that is reviewed regularly.
Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or children with an Education Health and Care Plan (ECHP) naming Sacred Heart RC Primary School will be admitted under Section 84 of the Schools Standards and Framework Act 1998. For a full overview on SEND at Sacred Heart RC Primary School please use the following link:-